- Cycling area:Hoi An – My Son Holy Land
- Cycling distance:55 km
- Departure time:00am – 8.30am
- Tour duration:1 day
- Activities:Cycling and sightseeing
- Group size:Min 2 people
Experience a different way to visit the amazing Cham temples in the holyland of My Son. This unique tour takes you through the back roads and paths, cycling through the beautiful landscapes of Central Vietnam, and seeing the lives of local people along the way. Lunch is served at a local restaurant where we try the famous local speciality of the region.
- Cycle along the quiet roads amid beautiful scenery
- Visit the holy temples of the Champa kingdom which was built between the 4th to 13th century
- Enjoy traditionally made noodles served in a local family restaurant
Back Road Cycle To My Son starts with a short local ferry ride across the Thu Bon river to Cam Kim Island where we cycle through the quiet back roads and stop for a break at a local café to sample the famous Vietnamese sweet coffee. We continue cycling along the little used route to enjoy the beautiful scenery and sample local life. At My Son we visit the amazing temples of the Cham people to learn more about this Holy Land where the Cham people worshipped Shiva, the God of war. After a lunch My Quang noodles at a local restaurant, you are transported back to Hoi An by minibus.
My Son holy-land
These magnificent structures were built of clay bricks by of the Chams between 4th – 13th century and it is unbelievable how these people constructed the temples with so few materials. My Son was always the religious heart of the Cham people and indeed, before and up to the 15th century, this unique site was as important as Ankor Wat. The site was originally made up of 75 temples but sadly only 20 temples survived the destruction of the war.
-Pick up from centrally located hotel
– Bike rent, cycling helmet
– English speaking cycling guide
– Lunch served as local speciality .
– Backroads and little used paths
– Drinking water during the tour
– Entrance fee of My Son holy temple and other places as mentioned
– Car/Truck supports
Tour does not include:
– Personal expenses
– Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
What to bring:
Hat, waterproof, sun-cream and some extra cash for personal expenses.
- Bring your sun cream, camera and energy drinks
- The ride is reasonably tough for a new rider but a great challenge!
Price: 75 usd per person, minimum booking is 2 people.